- PRX and Google’s Podcast Creators Program has announced its second cohort. Here’s the Variety write-up.
- RadioPublic has announced a partnership with Subela, a Chilean podcast and digital radio platform, to provide PodSites support and playlist curation in Spanish.
- The US Supreme Court has reversed the conviction of Curtis Flowers, the central figure of In The Dark’s second season.
- You might have heard about the whole Libra cryptocurrency business. You might have also heard that Spotify’s involved somehow. I thought this blog post, from Concurrent Media, had a couple of interesting ideas on what this all means for the all-consuming audio platform.
- From Simon Owens: “Why Techmeme launched a daily podcast.”
- From Deadline: “‘Atlanta Monster’ Producer Tenderfoot TV Lines Up True Crime Podcast Series ‘Insomniac.’”
- From Digiday: “With brand dollars pooling in, podcasters are trying to figure out attribution.” Same old, same old.
- From CJR: “In the Rio Grande Valley, a fight to bring back NPR.”
- WNYC’s On The Media is in the midst of a four-part series on eviction in America. The project involves a partnership with Matt Desmond, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City.
- Cadence13 is now the distribution partner of Hacks On Tap, a new political podcast from David Axelrod and Radio Free GOP’s Mike Murphy. If you’re connecting dots, Cadence13 also works with Crooked Media on ad sales.
- Endeavor Audio has a new project due out soon: it’s a documentary, produced with Mass Appeal, about “Atlanta’s wildest spring break street party that started in the ‘80s,” called Freaknik.
- Err’body’s on the moon train. Following CNN and the BBC, the Washington Post has launched its own podcast on the space race, called Moon Rise.
Meanwhile, the LA-based Paragon Collective has considerably expanded its comedy podcast portfolio, adding Congratulations with Chris D’Elia, Fighter and the Kid, This Past Weekend with Theo Von, TigerBelly, and Below the Belt, plus a new show called Hey Btch on Tuesday. More projects are said to be on the way.