- ICYMI: Spotify has taken its podcaster dashboard out of beta and is offering a glimpse of demographic data for listens on the platform.
- Also, Pandora unveiled a dashboard and opened up podcast submissions to all (US-based) creators.
- Podcasts on playlists and Stories are also coming your way soon from Spotify, apparently. playlist Pandora.
- One year on from the PRX/PRI merger, CEO Kerri Hoffman reflects on the new hires, the new premises, and the new challenges.
- Five CBC podcasts are heading to TV.
- From The Verge: Apple reportedly ups TV spending by $5 billion to compete with Amazon and Netflix.
- From the WSJ: States to Move Forward With Antitrust Probe of Big Tech Firms.
- The Sterling Affairs from ESPN’s 30 for 30 published all five episodes today. Reported and hosted by Ramona Shelburne, it covers the Donald Sterling scandal from 2014 plus race and power structures in the NBA.
- Night Vale Presents has announced details of some fall shows; Within the Wires season four starts on September 10.
- Marvel and Stitcher are collaborating on their third podcast adaptation; Marvels comes to Stitcher Premium this fall and other apps in 2020.
- Parcast has launched Today in True Crime, a daily (!) true crime podcast that tells you about a different case. . . each day.
- The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror is launching an official podcast for their annual Saturn Awards. It’s called Live From Saturn and the first episode drops today.
- Another podcast collaboration between the BBC and the Sundance Institute is coming — Detours arrives in apps on September 4.