Hot Pod is a fully independent venture. It is primarily supported by readers who pay for a subscription to Hot Pod Insider.
The Hot Pod Insider newsletters come out twice a week — chiefly Thursday and Friday, but may shift around based on the news cycle — that’s designed to:
- Deliver exclusive coverage on news developments and trends to subscribers;
- Deeper follow-ups to a specific topic from the week;
- Catch and round up a news development that beat the free Tuesday newsletter drop, and/or
- Pursue a broader idea or theme that may not fit the flow of the public newsletter.
Paid subscribers also get exclusive access to Sidechannel, a cool-as-hell shared Discord server with other independent newsletter operations, including Platformer, Garbage Day, Deez Links, and Culture Study.
[More information about Sidechannel can be found here.]
Because these newsletters are spread out across more days within a week, they can afford to be shorter, pithier, and more concise. As such, they will each consist of about 1500-1800 words (that is, either three short news items or one deep column plus bites). By subscribing to Hot Pod Insider, not only will you be supporting my work here in Hot Pod, you’ll also get a better, more responsive picture to what’s happening in the podcast industry on a day-to-day basis. You’ll have access to future reporting and information experiments.
Subscribe to Hot Pod Insider today:
If you’re interested in getting a corporate subscription for your company, let me know.
If you’re interested in gifting someone a Hot Pod Insider subscription, here you go:
Here’s the list of third-party services I use to run Hot Pod and its premium subscription program:
- Google Analytics, the ubiquitous web metrics tool. (Here is its Terms of Service.)
- Not based in the US? That’s fine. Hot Pod lives on the internet, and Stripe is able to take payments from anywhere in the world.
- Don’t have a credit card? Totally cool. Contact me and we work out a plan.
- Can I get a discount? I’m afraid not. $7/month is already pretty cost-effective, all things considered.
- I’m having trouble with my subscription. Hit me up and we’ll troubleshoot together.
- Wanna grab coffee? Depends. I don’t live in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, or San Francisco, so it might be hard.