Hot Pod is a fully independent venture. It is primarily supported by readers who pay for a subscription to Hot Pod Insider.
The Hot Pod Insider dispatches come out twice a week: Thursday and Friday.
Insider subscribers get:
- Additional coverage, analysis, and opinions on news developments and trends that’s exclusive for subscribers;
- Exclusive interviews, stories, and notes;
- Follow-ups to stories in the free Tuesday newsletters, and/or
- Exclusive access to Sidechannel, a chill experimental Discord collective that’s shared with other independent newsletter operations, Platformer, Garbage Day, Deez Links, and Culture Study.
You can find more information about Sidechannel here.
Each Insider will run between 1200-1800 words, depending on the news cycle.
By subscribing to Hot Pod Insider, not only will you be supporting my work here in Hot Pod, you’ll also get a better, more responsive picture of what I think are the most interesting and important things happening in the podcast industry on a day-to-day basis.
Subscribe to Hot Pod Insider today for $7 per month or $70 per year.
However, I’m aware that the subscription flow might be a little confusing. So, if you need a hand figuring how that works…
A QUICK GUIDE TO BUYING A HOT POD INSIDER SUBSCRIPTION
After a few requests, I’ve put together this guide on how to buy a subscription.
First of all, you need to create an account with Hot Pod. You probably have one if you’re already a subscriber to the free Tuesday Hot Pods, and you can manage your settings by click the Hot Pod icon on the bottom right of your screen.
But if you don’t have an account yet, you can do that by click the “Subscribe” button next to the Menu on the top right section of the site. You’ll see a pop-up like this:
(Be sure to subscribe to the free Tuesday newsletter if you haven’t already!)
Once you do that, please make sure to verify your email address. You should’ve receive an email to that effect.
From there, click this button below:
… which should get you to this page:
And things should be pretty straightforward from here!
Let me know if you still have any trouble: nick (at) hotpodmedia (dot) com
Here’s the list of third-party services I use to run Hot Pod and its premium subscription program:
- Google Analytics, the ubiquitous web metrics tool. (Here is its Terms of Service.)
- Not based in the US? That’s fine. Hot Pod lives on the internet, and Stripe is able to take payments from anywhere in the world.
- Don’t have a credit card? Totally cool. Contact me and we work out a plan.
- Can I get a discount? I’m afraid not. $7/month is already pretty cost-effective, all things considered.
- I’m having trouble with my subscription. Hit me up and we’ll troubleshoot together.
- Wanna grab coffee? Depends. I don’t live in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, or San Francisco, so it might be hard.