- The Third Coast Festival have announced its awards winners. You can find the list here, and for the unfamiliar, the festival leaves the “who won what?” question until the conference itself, which is set to take place October 4-6. In Chicago, of course, given the whole “Third Coast” nomenclature.
- Per the Endeavor Audio press release: Two-Up Productions’ Limetown will return for its second season on October 31.
- As a reminder: Serial Season 3 returns this Thursday.
- Early reviews of the Sam Esmail’s Amazon Video adaptation of Gimlet’s Homecoming are coming in, having premiered at Toronto International Film Festival. They appear to be pretty warm. (The Hollywood Reporter, Indiewire)
- Stitcher announces a new residency partnership with SPACE on Ryder Farms for artists looking to develop fiction podcasts. (Website)
- Amanda Hess rounds up an upcoming batch of audio dramas for the New York Times, which includes some big titles you might not have heard of yet. (NY Times)
- NBC Sports is building a podcast around On Her Turf, the Instagram account that it developed through a partnership with Refinery29. It’s hosted on Art19, runs for twenty weekly episodes, and features sportscaster Kathryn Tappen as host.
- The McElroy Brothers will, indeed, be in Trolls 2. If you know, you know. (Vanity Fair)