- This is a pretty interesting detail. Speaking at Podcast Movement this week, Midroll Chief Revenue Officer Lex Friedman said that the company had sold “$140,000,000 in podcast ads” since he started working at the company. For reference, Friedman started working at Midroll in 2013. (Twitter)
- In case you’re keeping an eye on what’s happening in other ponds: Spotify announced earnings yesterday, and disclosed that the streaming companies has hit 83 million subscribers — an 8 million rise across the second quarter of the year. The platform reportedly has 180 million active users overall. (The Guardian)
- The graphic novel adaptation of The Adventure Zone is now an official New York Times bestseller. (Twitter)
- On a related note, the novel adaptation of Night Vale Presents’ Alice Isn’t Dead is scheduled for release in October.
- Anchor is launching a “physical recording space in New York City for anyone to make a podcast.” Supposedly, it’s free. (Announcement)
- “Podcast turned HBO series ‘Pod Save America’ promises ‘authentic conversation about politics’.” (LA Times)
Hot Pod InsiderPremium