Caroline Crampton is a UK based journalist who has been writing about podcasts since 2014. Her journalism has appeared in publications including the Guardian, Lenny, the New Statesman and the Millions. She is a regular speaker and media commentator on the state of the podcast industry.
Having to explain what a podcast is in a professional setting may not be a new experience to many Hot Pod readers. There are the more direct versions of this, where you need potential guests to understand where their interview will be broadcast or you’re answering a query at a family gathering as to why […]
– Spotify and Vice News have announced the launch of three new original podcasts
-A more digital BBC
– The Financial Times has launched its first subscriber-only podcast… and more!
Journalists write about new stuff. I know this: I’ve been both a writer and an editor for over ten years; I’ve had my pitches for pieces about cultural things that are cool-but-ongoing turned down, and I’ve passed on similar ideas from others in turn. Perhaps it used to be the case in podcasting — as […]
I can’t help but feel sympathetic towards anyone launching a new daily news podcast at the moment. It’s a really tough gig, partly because of the existing landscape they’re entering — The Daily has two million listeners a day and counting, with a style that newcomers often feel they must either closely imitate or consciously […]
– BBC StoryWorks, the branded content division of BBC Global News, has released the results of an intriguing and slightly terrifying study into the effectiveness of podcast advertising
– Podcast upfronts… in the UK
– 2 Pods 2 Crypto
– Update on Pocket Casts switching business models
– Stitcher launches an affiliate program
– Edison Research publishes its first ever Infinite Dial report for South Africa
There’s a podcasting tech problem that you’ll be well aware of if you’ve ever tried to distribute or listen to a premium podcast feed. Indeed, it’s a problem that gets right to the heart of the medium’s DNA: RSS feeds, and the podcast apps that listeners use to access them, require openness — adding a login or […]
– The BBC’s Brexitcast… on television
– Cross-atlantic promotion… between the CBC and BBC
– Spotify has announced the addition of two German podcasts this week… and more!
Hana Walker-Brown is an award-winning documentary maker, composer, producer and writer based in London, where she currently works as an executive producer at Audible. In this edition of Career Spotlight, Walker-Brown talks to us about pointing the microphone in the right direction, adversity as a theme, and using your big ‘ol Doc Martens to keep […]
– The closure of the BBC iPlayer Radio app will begin on 16 September
– NPR names veteran media executive John Lansing as new CEO
– Acast has become the latest publisher to switch to using IAB v2 guidelines for measurement