Notes on the past few days
Hey everyone. Nick here. We’re not publishing an issue today. Not after the week we just had, and the week we’re having, marked by an explosion of massive justified protests across the United States and in cities around the world against police brutality, catalyzed by the police killing of yet another black American, George Floyd. […]
- Podfund x Atypical Artists
- Podcast Academy Governors
- Bon Appetit Podcasts… and more!
- Complexly’s Hank Green: “Spotify wants to become the go-to for podcasts. Creators and audiences should worry.”
- Axios: “Amazon is looking to invest in localized podcast content.”
- Stitcher’s Podcasting Report… and more!
Let’s say you’ve been making a podcast for quite some time now, but as it happens, the podcast doesn’t really belong to you or your fellow co-hosts. Instead, it’s owned by the big ol’ media company you worked for when you first started the show. Now let’s say, for whatever reason, you don’t work for […]
Chances are you probably already know the details, but let’s quickly recap so we’re all on the same page. Last Tuesday, it was announced that Spotify has struck a multi-year licensing agreement with The Joe Rogan Experience, widely understood to be one of the biggest podcasts in the business, that will see the show become […]
Pandemic Watch. It’s Week 13, according to Stitcher’s pandemic timeline, or 12 weeks after the initial widespread implementation of stay-at-home measures in these United States. The word from the most recent Podtrac’s coronavirus update: the upwards slither continues, with the May 18-24 stretch seeing a 5 percent increase in downloads and a 4 percent increase […]
- Follow-up to Rogan/Spotify
- The Saga of Call Her Daddy
- Alternate Take on Luminary… and more!